School project: The theater shop
A small room with a rough floor. Ornate stone walls with work tools. A window crossed by the first rays of the sun. At the dawn of men, women and children, struggling with their own profession, accompany the birth of the new day. Each workshop is a world of itself made of sounds, scents and colors: hot iron beaten on the anvil, the loaf of freshly baked bread, the light wood chips scattered on the floor. From dawn to dusk time expands, leaving space for both creation and learning. The little ones, in the shop, work alongside adults and learn the art of know-how. The title of the project is inspired by this imaginary: La bottega del Teatro. It is a pedagogical theatrical proposal for schools that aims to turn the class into a “small shop”, a place where young students have the opportunity to get closer to the varied world of theater. The experience of both theoretical and practical character, aims to introduce students to the fundamental stages of the history of theater, stimulate creativity through writing and storytelling, offering the opportunity to attend a show as spectators. In this sense, the course includes a subdivision into three sessions: “Know the theater”, “Tell me a story”, “The clouds … I am a dream” (show for children aged 6 to 10. Primary schools) / What are the clouds? ? (show for children aged 11 to 14. Secondary secondary schools) ».
1) Know the Theater
Cycle of Lessons-show in which the fundamental stages of the history of the Theater will be presented, from the ancient Greeks to our days, with particular attention to the different types of theater spaces, to the actors’ work and to some examples of dramaturgy. This session, structured as a lecture-show, will allow students to approach the history of the theater in an original and engaging way.
2) Tell me a story. NarrAtion Laboratory
The session Tell me a story … consists in the creation of a theatrical laboratory and has as its objective the enhancement of the imagination through the stimulation of the creative use of the word and the body in action. In this sense, each student, discovering unknown or repressed aspects of himself, will develop his own baggage of experience that, shared with his companions, will become nourishment for personal growth and also a functional means of preventing discomfort. Work material will be the tales of Aesop, Jean de La Fontaine, Lev Tolstoy and Gianni Rodari; they will offer creative ideas for the realization of small stories in action.
3) The clouds … are they a dream? (show for children aged 6 to 10)and What are the clouds? (show for children aged 11 to 14).
Show of and with Rosalba Genovese Fables and legends exist to make us reflect on the values ??of reference for our and others life. Since children we should appreciate the wonder of nature and the particular beauty that each of us possesses in its diversity instead of trying envy, jealousy and feeling diminished for this. The show wants to induce such considerations, it wants to understand the importance of being able to see the beauty and the harmonious uniqueness inherent in each of us. This is why the show unfolds telling a tale made of other tales that, like pearls, form a single necklace. Fables and songs that tell of animals and trees. The scenography is constructed during the show with simple elements: a sheet becomes a horse, a dress, a cloud …, a bowl with water turns into a blue lake. Clarino comes on stage bringing a bouquet of real flowers all different in shape and color and only at the end together we will discover that each of us is like one of those flowers, beautiful because of its uniqueness and its diversity. In The Clouds … I’m a dream? (Show for children aged 6 to 10) and in What are lenuvole? (show for children aged 11 to 14) are similar themes and different character is instead the mode of approach and development that will take into account the age difference of pupils (primary schools or secondary schools of first degree).
Goals of the route:
- The knowledge of significant milestones in the history of theater
- The development of creative use of body and voice
- The development of listening skills
- The development of relationship skills
- Knowing how to tell a story in action
- Know how to create props with recycled materials
Further training experience:
- Possibility of assisting as spectators in a theatrical performance
- Show lessons
- Laboratory path with exercises and games aimed at experimenting the expressive use of gesture and voice, with the possibility of opening work to teachers and parents at the end of the project.
- Theathral show
Who is addressed:
- Individual classes
- It is specified that the show is aimed at two merged classes
The entire itinerary will be conducted by two pedagogues of “Il Teatro dell’Albero”
- Cycle of 6 lessons-show
- Each meeting will have a duration of 1h and 30
- Laboratory 15 meetings of 2 hours each
- Show The clouds … are they a dream? (show for children from 6 to 10 years) or What are the clouds? (show for
- children aged 11 to 14 years) duration 50 minutes
- The class (with the possibility to move the desks)
- For the show: a larger classroom, a salon or a theater.